Monday, November 9, 2015

November 5th, 2015: THOUGHTS

日本語 ほんとう 難しい です。Japanese is really difficult.

Our teachers told us early on that learning a language comes in
several different steps that repeat themselves over time. The first is
a sharp incline as your comprehension skyrockets when you learn
something new. Next, you level off as you struggle to apply what
you've learned. Then, you actually begin to decline as comprehension
decreases. There, in that little dip, is where I am residing right
now. But, after that little dip, the process repeats itself as you
learn more and your understanding grows again. At least, that's what
our teachers tell us. So I am holding on! :)
The MTC is still fantastic! The food is getting pretty difficult,
although. I am honestly not sure how I am going to last 6 more weeks
eating it... Haha, I would kill for some of my mom's cooking right
now. Or Thai food. I am constantly craving Thai food. I think I was
addicted, and am now going through withdrawals. Hahahaha
The days are already flying by. I cannot believe that it has already
been three weeks! I know that doesn't seem very long, but to put it in
perspective, we have already been here twice as long as all of the
English speaking missionaries. And we still have 6 more weeks to go!

God loves us, and wants us to spread his gospel. I know this is true.
I have seen it first hand. It's actually pretty comical to see just
how much my testimony has changed over the past couple of weeks. But I
love where I am now, and am so grateful that I am here. So my
companion and I teach just about every single day. Including P-Day. It
is really difficult, but immensely rewarding as well. I remember one
of the happiest and most excited moments that I have had so far in the
MTC was when our first investigator accepted our invitation to be
baptized. When we walked out of that room, I am pretty sure I was
literally beaming. Maybe not literally, but I am sure I looked pretty
odd as I boasted a cheesy grin. I know the investigator wasn't real,
but that didn't change how I felt. I want to share that feeling with
every single person in Japan.
We had another experience like that yesterday. We got the amazing
opportunity to host all of the new incoming missionaries, which was
soooo fun! I got a serious workout hauling a bunch of new missionary's
luggage up huge flights of stairs. It's a good thing I'm on a mission,
because if not, I doubt the ladies could keep themselves away! ;)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Just kidding. But because we hosted, we didn't
have any time to prepare for the lesson that we had later that day.
And of course, we taught first. Outside of the classroom, Sherrill
Choro and I pleaded to God to guide and direct our lesson, even though
we didn't have anything prepared. And then we knocked. It was a scary
feeling walking into a lesson with ABSOLUTELY nothing prepared. We
didn't know where to take it. We went and sat down, and started
talking. It was awkward at first, as we quickly ran out of greeting
questions. I was praying in my heart the whole time. And then it hit
me. This investigator has a daughter named Angel who is 4 years old. I
asked her if she loved her. If she really really loved her. Of course,
she answered yes. I then asked her if she would want to be with her
forever, and she answered yes. This was the outlet into the plan of
salvation. I then knew where we needed to take the lesson for her. In
broken Japanese, I surged forward and explained to her the basics of
the plan of salvation. My companion was nervous, because it was hard
doctrine to understand, but it worked. I testified of Christ's
atonement, and I felt it sink in to both me and her. I even found and
shared a scripture in a Japanese B of M, which is no easy task. The
scripture was Alma 7:11-13. Our investigator, who is also our teacher,
later pulled us aside and praised us for the amazing and inspiring
lesson that we gave. She was shocked when we told her that we walked
in with absolutely nothing prepared. That was a good feeling. :)

This gospel is true. I know that now, and to be honest, I haven't
always known it. I spent a large portion of my life doubting and
questioning. If any of you are doubting and/or questioning your faith,
I plead that you find out for yourself. God doesn't care about who we
were, but about who we are and who we want to become. The past is
gone, and we can't change it. The only thing it is good for is
learning from it. Just try it, and you will get your answer. I
promise. :)

So Halloween was a blast here at the MTC. One of the sisters in our
district got fake mustaches in a package, so we all used them as our
costumes. My companion and I were masquerading as dumb cops. It was
pretty hilarious. I'll forward the pictures for y'all. Hopefully you
think it's as funny as I do, because I think it's hilarious.

Love you guys!

あいしています!


Passey ちょうろう




No comments:

Post a Comment