Sunday, November 1, 2015

October 29th, 2015: I am surviving the MTC!

I am surviving the MTC!

I can see why people say that a mission is one of the most difficult
thing that you will do in your life. After only 2 weeks in the MTC,
You begin to notice some psychological effects on yourself and others.
Homesickness seems to be the new plague. People lay awake at night
dreaming of their lives back home. Some miss family. Others miss
Significant others. We all miss something. It doesn't help that the
mission life is tasking. You are deprived both mentally and
physically. I sit in class and struggle to keep my eyes open as words
that I don't know fly over my head. The language seems to jumble
together more and more the later in the day it is. On top of that, you
have to prepare lessons for investigators in a language that you can
barely speak. It is difficult.
BUT, for every struggle, trial, tribulation and hardship that you go
through, you receive countless blessings for your efforts. I have seen
it first hand. "Only in the darkness can you see the stars." - Martin
Luther King Jr.. Blessings start appearing when life gets difficult.
As long as you keep trying. Whoever wrote the famous line that says,
"There ain't no rest for the wicked." Had it all wrong. He should have
said, "There ain't no rest for the missionaries." But I love it. Every
second of it.
We had the opportunity to listen to an apostle on Tuesday, which was
absolutely amazing. Neil L. Anderson came and spoke to us on a host of
different topics. The spirit was phenomenal. I attached some notes from
the talk:

Teaching is both difficult and frustrating. Our teachers tell us to
speak from the heart, but my heart doesn't know very many Japanese
words... Our lessons are shared in fragmented Japanese, and yet the
investigators seem to understand the meaning behind our words! Only
the spirit can allow that to happen. The gift of tongues is real.
Bearing your testimony in another language is an amazing experience.
God's gospel is not bound by language, but rather received through
feelings. I love Japanese so much already, and I can't wait to learn
more.
I'd like to end with the scripture that started it all. James 1: 5-6 says,

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all
men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is
like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Find out for yourself. If you are struggling with anything, find out
for yourself. It took me ages to, but I am. Don't rely on anyone
else's beliefs but your own. You can do It!
I love you guys and am so grateful for all of you. Thanks for helping
me get to where I am now.

Also, I have an iPad now, so I can treat emails like letters. I can
read them whenever I get them! So feel free to send emails all
throughout the week!

I will send out some pictures today as well! :)

Love y'all!

あいしています! <3


Passey ちょうろう





No comments:

Post a Comment