Sunday, December 20, 2015

December 10th, 2015: Four More Days!!!!!

So, four more days in the MTC... Dang, I never thought I would say
this, but I really am gonna miss this place. But not the food. I will
NEVER miss the food. The MTC has really grown on me. Also, I will send out an email later in the day with my mailing address in Japan. I won't be able to receive any more letters here in time, so I will just send that out later today. :)

What has happened in my last week at the MTC? Have I said that the
time here flies? Probably not. ;) haha, but it really has gone by so
fast. Yesterday we had our last Skype TRC, and I went into it a tad
worried. If you remember my story from last week, I did not have a
very positive experience with Skype TRC. But oh how it was different!
The volunteer that we talked to was a middle aged mother who lives in
the Kobe area of Japan. Her name is Yoko Ikegami, and she is an angel.
Lately, my Japanese has skyrocketed. I feel like I have become
conversational, and all of the grammar and vocabulary I hear has been
staying in my head! That is the effect that faith has. I pray always
for my Japanese to improve, and lately it has been! It is an amazing
feeling! But yeah, back to our lesson. We all really connected with
Yoko, and it was a very fun lesson. I even made her laugh! It was at
that point that I loosened up. This was the first lesson I have had
where I haven't worried at all about the language. I let out a breath,
sat back, and felt as if I were just talking to a friend. My
comprehension of Japanese is probably 90-95% with my teachers, and
80-90% with the Japanese people (excluding my last Skype TRC lesson
where it was at a solid 5%). It is all just sort of "clicking", if
that makes any sense. I love learning this language, even though it is
hard. It is such a gratifying feeling to have. It is like chopping
wood. Have you ever felt physically gratified after chopping wood? If
not, then let me just say it is a good feeling. That's how I feel
right now, but with my mind! WEIRD EH?!

So my favorite scripture for this week is one that I actually heard
last night. It is Ether 7: 1-12;

1 And now I, Moroni, proceed to give the record of Jared and his brother.

2 For it came to pass after the Lord had prepared the stones which the
brother of Jared had carried up into the mount, the brother of Jared
came down out of the mount, and he did put forth the stones into the
vessels which were prepared, one in each end thereof; and behold, they
did give light unto the vessels.

3 And thus the Lord caused stones to shine in darkness, to give light
unto men, women, and children, that they might not cross the great
waters in darkness.

4 And it came to pass that when they had prepared all manner of food,
that thereby they might subsist upon the water, and also food for
their flocks and herds, and whatsoever beast or animal or fowl that
they should carry with them--and it came to pass that when they had
done all these things they got aboard of their vessels or barges, and
set forth into the sea, commending themselves unto the Lord their God.

5 And it came to pass that the Lord God caused that there should be a
furious wind blow upon the face of the waters, towards the promised
land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the
wind.

6 And it came to pass that they were many times buried in the depths
of the sea, because of the mountain waves which broke upon them, and
also the great and terrible tempests which were caused by the
fierceness of the wind.

7 And it came to pass that when they were buried in the deep there was
no water that could hurt them, their vessels being tight like unto a
dish, and also they were tight like unto the ark of Noah; therefore
when they were encompassed about by many waters they did cry unto the
Lord, and he did bring them forth again upon the top of the waters.

8 And it came to pass that the wind did never cease to blow towards
the promised land while they were upon the waters; and thus they were
driven forth before the wind.

9 And they did sing praises unto the Lord; yea, the brother of Jared
did sing praises unto the Lord, and he did thank and praise the Lord
all the day long; and when the night came, they did not cease to
praise the Lord.

10 And thus they were driven forth; and no monster of the sea could
break them, neither whale that could mar them; and they did have light
continually, whether it was above the water or under the water.

11 And thus they were driven forth, three hundred and forty and four
days upon the water.

12 And they did land upon the shore of the promised land. And when
they had set their feet upon the shores of the promised land they
bowed themselves down upon the face of the land, and did humble
themselves before the Lord, and did shed tears of joy before the Lord,
because of the multitude of his tender mercies over them

I'd like you all to look at the symbolism of light and darkness in
this section of scriptures. I know, I know, this is like high school
all over again... But, if you look, even more amazing things start to
emerge from the scriptures. My favorite is in verse 3. It stuck out to
me as I was reading it that we, as missionaries, are the stones that
the Lord caused to shine in the darkness; and, it is our
responsibility to share this light with everyone so that they don't
cross the great waters of life in darkness and alone. I will let you
see the symbolism in the rest of it! :)

I have been lamenting lately on the fact that I am go into have to
leave my family here at the MTC, and it is killing me. I have grown so
close to my district and my teachers and now I don't want to leave.
You gain a very special connection with people when you're stuck in a
tiny room with them all day every day for 9 weeks. My district is my
family, and it is going to kill me to leave them. I think that the
hardest part about my mission will probably be leaving all of the
amazing people that I will become friends with! I am heartbroken right
now! My teachers are all my best friends. Their names are Carlile
Shimai, Babcock Shimai, and Norawong Kyodai. I love all of them so
much. You gain a special connection with people who are teaching you,
and I am so grateful for them. Nora Kyodai is my favorite (but I can't
really pick a favorite...)! We have this joke where whenever I see him
I run up to him and grab his tie and say, "Nikutai ga suki desu!"
Which translates into, "I like your body!" Instead of saying, "Nekutai
ga suki desu!" Which means, "I like your tie!" ....... Does that make
any sense? The two words sound so close together that it is easy to
mix them up, so I do it on purpose. It's funny alright?! ;) HAHAHAHAHAHA

I love all of you guys and miss you so much, and as Christmas is
coming up, remember the real reason behind this celebration! Jesus
Christ loves us and atoned for all of our sins, and through him we can
all find peace and joy in this life, no matter our trials. Turn to
him. He will always let you in. :)

Have a good week everyone!

愛しています!


パシー 長老



No comments:

Post a Comment