Monday, December 7, 2015

December 3rd, 2015: Is it Already December?

Is it already December?! What....

Wow, time is going by so fast! Tomorrow we should get our flight
plans, and then the Monday after next Monday we take off to Japan! I
am so incredibly excited! And so nervous.

So yesterday was a very unique day. It was the hardest day I've had
yet in the MTC. I know I keep saying that I am having hard days, but
this one tops them all. It started out in the morning when I woke up
feeling sick. It sucked. The main part of the day was normal, but that
evening we had Skype TRC. That is when we get on Skype and teach an
actual Japanese person a short "home evening" type of lesson. Our
first one was last week, and wasn't too bad! It was cool to actually
see and talk to a Japanese person. But this one was terrible. We had
to teach a probably 150 year old Japanese woman named Kyoko (she
wasn't that old... But it felt like it). So in Japan, the old people
speak almost a completely different Japanese than what we have been
learning. And on top of that, Kyoko wouldn't participate in the
lesson. She wouldn't answer our questions, and we felt like we had no
real connection with her. At times, it felt like she was trying to
drive the lesson which definitely didn't invite the spirit. So yeah,
it was pretty much horrible. Later as I was brooding over the lesson,
I decided to look at it as a sign that I needed to prepare more. I do
not want to ever find myself in that same situation again. So I guess
there is a bright side to everything! :)

I miss all of you guys, and am so grateful for you all! How was
everyone's Thanksgivings?! Did you all eat some stuffing for me? I
hope so! What are you all the most grateful for? I'd love to hear
about it! :)

My favorite scripture of the week has been Ether 12:27, and has long
been my fallback scripture. Every time I read it, it always seems to
apply to me personally. What's your favorite scripture of the week and
why?

Take care you guys!

Love,


Elder Passey




No comments:

Post a Comment