Monday, December 7, 2015

November 19th: Just Another Day in Paradise!

It's just another day in paradise! The country song by Phil Vassar has
been going through my head the past couple of days. If you haven't
ever heard it, go and listen to it. Yes, I understand that it is
country. No, I don't understand why you wouldn't go and listen to it.
Hahaha but in the song the artist talks about all of the difficult and
stressful things going on in his life throughout the day, and then
about how despite all of those things, he is living "Just another day
in paradise".  That's how I feel right now.
The life of a missionary is hard, stressful, complicated, physically
and mentally demanding, and on top of all that you have a intensely
strict set of guidelines that you have to follow. To be honest,
sometimes it really sucks. Some of the rules we have seem to be
absolutely pointless. For instance, in our classroom, I sit by a shelf
that is fastened to the wall. Naturally, I organized and placed all of
my books and materials in this previously unused shelf. The day before
yesterday I got chastised for using the shelf to store all of my
materials. Apparently, it was a rule to not use the shelf. So, being
the obedient missionary that I am, I very grudgingly (very very
grudgingly hahaha) moved all of my stuff into a tiny box and shoved it
under my desk. Now, I get to look at an empty shelf right next to me
that I am not allowed to use. I don't understand the logic. Not in the
slightest. But, what I do understand is that for some reason, the rule
is there. And while the logic doesn't make sense at all, I have faith
that the rule is there for a reason. So, instead, I stare at an empty
shelf. And that is the ideology I have had for all of the mission
rules. Sometimes rules are hard to follow, but you just have to have
faith that they're there for a reason. Trust me, it will make it
easier. :)
Now, although it's difficult here, I see paradise underneath all of
the chaos. Every happy moment where you testify with the spirit
overshadows all of the hard times. It is a feeling that I haven't ever
felt before, and it's amazing! I am so grateful for this opportunity I
have to serve the Lord.
Oh what a wonderful time of year! It is so great to see snow again! It
is super fun to see all of the missionaries enjoying it here. One of
my favorite experiences here at the MTC is hosting all of the new
missionaries on Wednesday. Most of the Japanese missionaries do, since
we're all here forever, which makes it extra fun. It's also kind of
sad. Most of them are all crying... Hahahaha, I'm pretty sure my
parents wanted to get rid of me when they dropped me off. The person
who I got hosted by was actually an older Japanese missionary in my
zone, and we later became really good friends. He later told me that
my family was probably the happiest family he's ever seen drop someone
off at the MTC. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing. ;)
As we get closer to thanksgiving, I am trying to visualize all of the
blessings that I have, and I think it's impossible. We are all blessed
so much. Don't forget about the real meaning of thanksgiving.
Literally, give thanks. As much as you can. To God, family, friends,
neighbors, strangers, and anyone else that you can. Be happy and turn
outward, because we are truly blessed. And enjoy the food, because we
won't... Hahaha so here at the MTC, we do things a little differently.
On thanksgiving, almost our whole day is devoted to service. It is
kinda rough because it's on a Thursday, so we kinda miss out on a
P-Day, but they say we will get to do everything later... But we get
to assemble 320,000 meals that get distributed to people in the Utah
valley area who otherwise wouldn't be eating or enjoying thanksgiving.
I am so excited! While we all can't physically make 320,000 meals, we
all can give back. Each in our own unique way. Reach outward, and be
thankful of everything that God has given us. He loves us so much. :)
I am so grateful for all of you that hopefully actually read to the
end of this email. ;) hahaha, but in all honesty, your roles and
examples have chiseled me into who I am today. This masterpiece that
is Elder Luke Passey is far from being finished, but because of all
you I am a little closer. So thank you. I love all of you guys. :)

あいしています!


Passey ちょうろう

No comments:

Post a Comment